MOSAIC............

I walk along your esplanades as the cities seem to converge,
‘Archaic’….. I think isn’t that the word to best describe you……?
After all its you who claims to have known the world more than me,
Of having stood there since I was yet a mere thought..
And I see you smirk as the cracks broaden
Now penetrating deep within the city walls…
Layer by layer, trying to explore the unseen and untold……….
When I was but just a child and you stood here in your mighty elegance
They told me a story……. The story of a treasure, which I always had believed in,
They said that the one who created you hid there glitter and gold,
They said that you would never lose that but keep it for people to know
And believe that misery would never befall them, as they have the most precious.
But when I first saw you I only saw the beauty, the faded one
You seemed so broken to me, pieces joined together…
Trying hard to stay where they are…………..scattered all along…
You were supposed to be colorful, but a mere shade of light you were,
Even those faded…… I had grown… forgotten the stories…..
And so had the world, all they talked about now was your dearth
The dearth of immutable colors…….. the sullen dearth of beauty
Your treasure all forgotten…………the stories all betrayed.
You have seen the world more than me, haven’t you?
But has the world seen you too…. Cared to stand by to take a glance
To try and know that you are something more than a mere mosaic
A feeble compilation of broken pieces that have lost their glamor.
No… the world doesn’t seem to care, and I would someday forget too
Like I would be forgotten…. Amongst the unexplored stories of another treasures.
And you would still be standing there, smirking at me…………..
As you are luckier, I know, you have the cracks to open up your layers
You believe that someday they will penetrate deep enough to bring it out.
The treasure all unearthed…… while I shall perish perhaps succumbed to the same cracks…
Taking along with me all the wishes to be unveiled…………….

No comments: