emptiness

I enter the room and the walls keep staring at me
Long and hard…….. It seems they seek so many answers,
But I don’t have them……. The questions were often perditioned.
With nothing to offer…. I just walk within in silence
It was not that I was empty…….. just the eerie voids….
I keep sitting alone watching the larchen trees, the wind
And the hidden moon beyond….. and thoughts just come.
Beyond my own consciousness now, I let those thoughts exit my mind
And they form these verses, random and unsought…..
It was not that I was poetic……. Just the sultriness of night.
I step out and the raindrop falls right beneath my eyelids
And they in an instinct come down trying to hide it…….
But as they open, the drop slides again slowly; down my face…
It was not that I was crying…….. just the drenching rain…..

No comments: